Tis the season! Across America and Europe, holiday markets are setting up shop, from small local ones to the markets that have become world-renowned. You may not be able to travel to all of them this year, but maybe you can fit one in! Here are some of the best holiday markets across the world.
- Christkindlesmarkt: This Christmas market, located in Nuremberg, Germany, is likely the most popular one in Europe. The wooden stands sell lots of handcrafted goodies, and the food is traditional German fare. You can enjoy mulled wine, gingerbread, bratwurst, and much more!
- Christkindlesmarik: Located in Strasbourg, France, this city is known as the “Capital of Christmas”, and their market shows this. It is actually twelve markets organized by product, and includes sixty different charitable organizations you can donate to!
- Tivoli Gardens: In the Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, they host a Christmas market with lights, decorations, fifty different stalls, Danish treats, and more entertainment.
- Toronto Chirstmas Market: In North America, Toronto has a great market that combines traditional and modern-day decorations and food. There are beer gardens, handcrafted products, and even a World Caroling Challenge.
- Christmas Village: The Christmas Village in Philadelphia is actually modeled after the Christkindlesmarkt in Nuremberg, with lots of German food and decorations. However, there are also live glassblowing demonstrations and a tree lighting ceremony.
- Christkindlmarket: Similar to Philadelphia’s modeling of Nuremberg’s market, Chicago has its own “Chirstkindlmarket”, with a variety of holiday treats and a lantern procession.
Going to a holiday market is fun for the whole family, even if you don’t find any presents! If you live near one, even one not on this list, get the family together for a fun day of shopping and indulging in delicious food.
Enjoy your holidays, from all of us at Piccadilly Inn Airport!
Courtesy of: Fodor’s Travel